Thursday, April 10, 2014

17 Months (Can she stop growing up so fast!?)

17 months of bliss, 17 months of sweet toothless grins turned into sweet toothy smiles, 17 months of snuggles, 17 months joy, 17 months holding the sweetest little one tight. 17 months of soothing tears and calming fears, 17 months have another piece of my heart walking around outside my chest, 17 months of the awesome blessing of being Emma's mommy.  I truly am so very blessed!  This journey known as motherhood is awesome, crazy and new each day.  To add the honor and blessing of having an open adoption on top of the simple magnificence of motherhood, is simply too amazing for words.

God sure knew what He was doing when he made me without a uterus, He knew what He was doing in the 4.5 year wait for Emma, He knew what He was doing when he let Alison and Chris meet.  If ever you wonder why things are happening the way they are, if ever you feel discouraged by the wait for something you yearn for, remember, God is in control and what He will give you in the end will be more amazing, more cherished, more loved, more of a blessing than you could ever have hoped, dreamed, or imagined.  His timing is so perfect and His gifts are more wonderful than we will ever deserve!

Our life with Emma is in no way perfect, we have our moments of frustration, panic, fear that we have no idea what on earth we are doing, but it is also full of so much love and joy that those moments pale in comparison.  I do wonder at times if I am cut out for this, if I will be able to keep up with my smart girl and not stunt her amazing growth.  The fact that she can speak in full sentences already makes me wonder if I will be able to stimulate her mind as much as she needs in the years to come.  While I do not know what the future holds, I do know that I will not stop trying to be as good a mom as I can possibly be.  Yes, I will stumble now and then but, hey, we all do!

Emma, you are the love of mommy's and daddy's life!  You are the most amazing little girl, I hope you never forget how very much you are loved! You were special designed just for us, and we could not be happier to call you our own!


No comments:

Post a Comment