Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sweet Emma Love

Dear Sweet Emma Love,

I did not carry you in my womb for 9 months, I carried you in my heart for 4 years.  I did not create you, but I prayed for your creation every day.  I did not fall in love with you at first sight, I fell in love with you long before I ever saw you.  I did not feel your feet kick inside my womb, I felt them dance on my heart.  I did not get to see an ultrasound picture of you before your birth, I saw your light shine in my eyes, like heaven on earth, the day I found out we were your chosen family.  I am not proud to be your mom as I have done nothing to be proud of, rather, I am humbled and honored to be allowed to hold you, comfort you, nurture you, cherish you, love you, and call you my own.

You and I do not share the same blood, the same DNA, we share so much more than that.  You and I share an unbreakable bond created by hope, joy, tenderness, and love.  I melt every time I hear you say; "mommy."  You are my world!  I will love you till the day I die, and watch over you from heaven above till the day we meet again.

Never forget, no matter what storms life brings, that I will always be here for you. I will always and forever be your mommy, and you will always and forever be my little girl.  You are my gift from God and I love you more than words could every say!

No comments:

Post a Comment