Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Little Girl

What do I see when I look at you,  my little girl?  It is not 4.5 years of tearful prayers.  Not mountains of paperwork or unspoken fears.  It is not heartbreak, or sorrow, or dreams on hold.  Not mistakes, or trials, or paths untread.  It is not thoughts of despair when things seemed to unravel.  No, none of things are see by me when I look at the little girl in front of me.

What do I see?  I see a precious gift from God.  I see a little girl who is stubborn and strong.  I see a little girl whose thirst for life and trying new things is as intoxicating as it can be overwhelming.  I see a little girl that adores tutus and the colors of the rainbow, yet isn't afraid of getting dirty and covered in mud.  I see a little girl who is kindhearted, compassionate, and empathetic.  I see a little girl that cares for her dolls and teddy bears with tenderness and love.  I see a little girl who will patiently pick off all the rough and "pokey" edges of a piece of popcorn prior to eating it.  I see a little girl that is so very independent, yet still craves and needs help from mommy and daddy.

I see a little girl that can throw epic tantrums, and then act like nothing ever happened in just a few minutes.  I see a little girl that cries when mommy blows her nose as she thinks I might be in pain.  I see that little bundle of joy from the delivery room, so innocent and trusting.  I see the love that surrounds you and the hope for your future.  I see your potential, your grace and love within.  I see your intelligence and curiosity.  I see all you are and may one day be.  I see you making as big of a difference in the world as you have made in the lives of all those blessed enough to know you.  I see a glimpse of Heaven each time I look in your eyes, hold you close, or feel your head on my shoulder.  I see wonderful, miraculous, perfect, YOU!

My little girl, when I look at you, I see all of this and so much more.  I know you may never fully understand, not until you have child of your own, just how precious you are to me.  Whenever you struggle with feelings of inadequacy, or wonder if you matter to anyone or if you make a difference, read this and be reminded of what a special gift you are.  Even the smallest drop of rain makes a ripple.  You matter to more people, touching their hearts and minds, than you could ever know.  Never give up on yourself or your dreams.  Continue to pursue them with as much dedication and passion as you do now.  You were born for greatness, you carry it inside you like a light.  Let your light shine, my sweet One!

You are my sunshine when the clouds cover the sky, the light in my world when all else seems gray.  You are such a wonderful gift, you are and will always be, My Little Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment