Thursday, October 16, 2014

23 Months

I can't believe that in less than a month, our little girl will be 2 years old!  This is so unreal!!!  She is growing up way too much!  Each day is something new, a new sentence, a new "favorite", a new skill mastered.  Emma already knows when and how to use her "inside" voice, not that she always wants to use it, but she knows it.  She is also stubborn, independent  and vocal about what she wants and doesn't want.  There are times she happily tells you she needs a diaper change, and then there are times she runs and hides hoping to not stop playing long enough to get changed.  

Oh, and the picky, ever changing appetite of toddlerdom is in full force.  One day she loves oranges, the next she wont touch them.  It is a blast trying to figure out what she will want to eat from one meal to the next... At least she always is happy to eat some form of fruits and veggies at most meals.  We are working on her not throwing her food on the floor if she does not want it though.  I know, good luck.  It is definitely a work in progress...  

On the plus side, naps and bedtime right now are mostly easy, she will tell you when she is tired and needs to go to sleep.  I pray that this is a trend that continues as it is nice not having to struggle to get her down.  I know it may not last much longer, but I will revel in it as long as I can.  Of course, she is back to her pre-dawn wake-ups, which will only be worse come daylight savings time... I do like when she is up before 7, I feel like the days is wasted if things are not done before noon, but I do wish she would sleep just a little bit past  6a.  I do like my early morning snuggles though, they make be happy no matter how tired I am.  

She is still not potty trained yet.  I am waiting for her to be fully ready, I dont want to rush things.  I have started stocking up on undies as we will be doing the three day method, no pull-ups, when we do finally start.  I look forward to it and I dread it all at the same time.  Each time she learns to do something by herself, she moves further away from needing me so much.  Oh I know, no matter how old she gets, she will always needs me but, it is bittersweet all the same.  I do love watching her grow and learn and discover who she is though, it is amazing to witness that transformation!  

Motherhood is such an amazing gift!  It is tough, and tiring and frustrating. but it is also wonderful, and charming, and incredibly beautiful!  

No comments:

Post a Comment