Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Alison's Story

This is a very special post today, it is Alison's story in her own words. I am so happy and excited to share with you all that brought this amazing woman into our lives. Alison, you are so incredible in so many ways, and we are so very blessed to have you in our lives, thank you for allowing us in to yours! 


Hi!
My name is Alison, I have no clue where to start except at I guess MY beginning. I had a very rough child hood and not so good family experiences growing up, but that is what makes me who I am today. I have 3 brothers, one older and 2 younger. Didn't get along with the older one until I was older and now we are the bestest of brother and sisterly friends. Love him so much. My 2 younger brothers come from a different dad and let me tell ya the dad deff let us know everyday. (not a very nice man) any who. By the time I was 15 both of the younger boys were confused, they thought I was their mom. That broke my heart so much. When I was 16 I got kicked out due to a indifference between me, my mom and the youngest older brother. I know confusing ,but I'm sure you can keep up. So I went to live with friends and carry on with life, using all the capabilities that I possessed. Which at 16 is not a lot for some. My youngest brother was 4 and so very confused asking " why are you leaving sister mommy?" Broke my heart. 

I carried on after that, finished high school, worked and so on. Decided, based on my life and child hood that I didn't want to have kids, but I'd be the best damn aunty and god mother that I could ever be. And I was and am. I love kids so much. So I had one rough year, no excuses, but man it happens to everyone. I had that one night, I went out and got Knockered up. Fortunately for me and the blessed Rushes' it turned out amazingly.  I was on birth control and adamant that no matter what condoms were used as well and it was. Something or someone was seeing it differently that night, because 8 months later I found out I was pregnant. I was shocked and so were the select few that I told. 8 months you say!! Due in 8 weeks you say! Ha, your full of something. Haha. I took it in stride and everything that was going on in my life at the time and started considering the best opportunities for this new life that was already a baby in my belly. Still shocking to think about it. Mind blowing. I knew that at the time that I wouldn't be able to give this child what it needed and deserved. I was fully capable of taking care of the beautiful baby and had some family support, but knew I wouldn't be able to give this child everything it deserved. So I decided on an adoption and oh man what a process. I wouldn't change it for the world. Reading everyone's stories and the hardships they have gone thru to get a child. So heartbreaking. Then I came across Josh and Carole. It was like love at first sight. (Love meaning, perfect for a baby and a birth mother) They are so similar on how I would have raised a child and loved a child. We met in accordance with the adoption lady. Then we went for dinner ( I had mac and cheese ) the things you remember. I remember Josh saying something along the lines of " now that we have met and get along we don't need the adoption lady lets just do this" something along those lines. I remember laughing and thinking I wish it was that easy. I would have totally done it that way if I could have. Legalities blah, sometimes I wish they weren't there. From the moment in the office meeting this wonderful couple I knew they were the ones for this child (sex not known at the time). So we went forward, Miss beautiful Emma was born. I wanted Carole there to experience the birth and she was. I decided before hand that Carole should cut the cord. I wanted her to be there from the beginning of the birthing experience. It was a most wonderful and emotional experience. Josh got to sit in the waiting room during the birthing process, wasn't at my most comfortable with him being a guy and just meeting him again and having him in the room with my legs wide open. He was there right after little Emma popped out tho. I have to say this was one of the most emotional and hardest experiences I ever went thru. I can not think of a better wondrous family that Miss Emma could have gone to. 

It has almost been 2 years now and I can't believe that. Sometimes it feels like yesterday. There have deff been some hard times. I got diagnosed with a mild postpartum depression. You think to yourself what the heck you totally could have done it. Ha, maybe but that kid wouldn't have everything it needed. Oh it would have been loved, absolutely no doubt about that. Being a single parent tho, i would have cried myself to sleep every night wishing more for that beautiful baby. She is the most loved child. I so got thru that tho. Thinking of the life she will have and the fact that I get to be in it. We all love her so much and going thru this process has given her more then 2 parents. It has given her FAMILIES due to the generous hearts of her mommy and daddy. I love every moment I spend with her and her family, every picture and note I get. I cherish it all. I have no regrets and if I had to do it all over I wouldn't change a damn thing ( except for the adoption lady, we didn't really need her ) Josh, Carole, and Emma you are so loved in many hearts. Josh and Carole you are amazing and beautiful. *:x lovestruck

No comments:

Post a Comment